Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Digital Designer will have a successful track record of creating beautiful user interface and experience solutions that deliver high impact across digital channels.
The successful candidate will need to be a positive and self-motivated personality and above all, a creative/conceptual thinker.
This role will focus on producing innovative concepts and designs for a variety of marketing initiatives – often starting out as beautiful branding pieces that require transposing into digital. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with the wider project team be it other designers, account managers or clients. Please note this role is studio based without the option for working from home.
User Experience Design
Articulate specific functional interactions though comprehensive diagrams and wireframes to show; navigation, search functions, form interactions, and any other project features to depict all user journeys.
The ability to see beyond wireframes and still fundamentally approach the UI from a creative standpoint whilst ensuring project goals are maintained during design development
Provide an informed, expert view on usability and best practice for digital consumption and interaction.
Creation of functional specifications and descriptions for build teams for website components and templates.
Providing a logical structure for content that supports ease of access for common user behaviours/tasks and taxonomy considerations for regularly published content (news and articles etc.) that promotes discovery and supports design innovations.
It is possible that there will be some lightweight user testing requirements to validate a design or information architecture option
Supporting the Digital Account Manager and Head of Digital at client meetings and pitches as required – you’ll be a natural at communication, and need to demonstrate genuine passion for your craft.
- A stunning portfolio demonstrating digital design at its best
- A great attitude
- Excellent knowledge in key creative applications in particular Photoshop and Illustrator with good understanding of UX testing tools such as Invision
- Demonstrable digital design background with a love of type
- Solid technical knowledge and experienced in design within frameworks and technical parameters
- Ability and experience distilling complex ideas into workable solutions
- Very strong experience in website design
- Experience of email and banner ad design, content marketing pieces (for blog articles, presentations, trade events etc).
- 5+ years in digital design
Desirable but not essential
- Experience manage external agencies and vendors
- Experience creating Infographics
- Experience in animation/video production
What you can expect
- A supportive environment that encourages professional growth and training
- Private Healthcare
- Weekly fresh fruit baskets
- Breakfasts until 10.30am
- Personal & Company performance-based bonus scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly massage
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service)
Bigkid are a fast-growing Integrated Creative Agency based in Surrey with huge ambitions and an enviable client list. The studio is a fast-paced environment with a variety of jobs (often to very tight deadlines) from small urgent tasks to larger, more complex initiatives.
Whilst a heavy proportion of the studio’s work is based on Branding and Print (since we’re proud to be a part of Cubiquity Media), there’s an exciting expansion taking place in digital at Bigkid.